I made this artwork for my brother. He’s studying diprotodons, so I figured this would be a cool present to make for him.
The design for this artwork came from a Laurie Beirne artwork that I found on the Australian Geographic website. I wanted the artwork to be relatively accurate, so I basically used Beirne’s artwork as the template. I did make a couple of alterations, so it would be easier to cut out. I usually design my own artworks, but that’s hard to do when it’s an extinct animal and I want it to be accurate. I’m not going to be selling this artwork or anything, so I hope Laurie Beirne doesn’t mind.
In case you didn’t know, the diprotodon is an extinct Australian animal. They resembled a wombat, but were huge (like the size of a rhino huge).
Below is my first attempt at filming myself cutting out a papercut. I had to speed it up a lot and it’s still relatively long, so I’m not sure about it. Please tell me what you think. I would love some suggestions/tips about videoing and editing as I don’t really know what I’m doing, but I hope you like the video nevertheless.
I placed this artwork in a clear frame, because I love the shadows that it makes, and also because sometimes I think that there’s not much point cutting something out if I’m just going to put it on a plain background. If I did that, it would just seem like the artwork was a print, so I like to emphasise that the piece is cut out of the paper by putting it in a clear frame.