This is an artwork that I made for my cousin. I decided to try something a bit different, and make this artwork with layers of coloured paper and embroidery. I did the embroidery first and glued the coloured paper on afterwards.
I used to make embroidered cards a few years ago, using patterns from a book, so I have some experience with sewing on paper. However, for this artwork, I designed all of it, and I put some of the holes a bit close together, so the middle part of the dreamcatcher was a bit hard to sew without ripping the paper. Apart from that little hiccup, I really enjoyed making this artwork. I love how this piece looks, and it was fun to do something a bit different.